Pages

Wednesday 6 May 2020

My Recound Writing About: Toilet paper Fort in The Warehouse in Auckland


Me making a toilet paper fort in The Warehouse in Auckland

The excitement of making a toilet paper fort is not in the buildings, but in not getting caught.  It is scary because if you do get caught the staff might kick you out.  Mum would be so angry, she would yell at me.

We went to Auckland to go visit Auntie Marie on her farm in Karaka.  She has a huge sow called Annie, lots of horses, a snow white donkey, a duck, 2 cats and two Corgis called Angel and Rose. On the way back home we stopped at The Warehouse.

In The Warehouse there was giant cubes of toilet paper packs, I sometimes took some out and made it a little fort. That was big as me.

Mum was looking for us then she found us. When she saw us playing with the toilet paper, I thought she would be angry, but she just asked us to put it back and we went home.

Making toilet paper forts are fun, but don't get caught!

by Joseph




2 comments:

  1. Joseph, this is a great piece of writing! I really love the way you have started your recount - it is very precise and a good hook-in for the reader - well done. It is great that you have chosen something so simple, yet so interesting to show what you can do in writing. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol Whitlow7 May 2020 at 10:41

    Had a real giggle when I read your story Joseph.Your hook in made me want to carry on reading to find out what happened.How many packets of toilet rolls did you use?

    ReplyDelete